Dennis Muck's 1968 matched XR-7 G Cougars 427 GT-E, and 302 Hi Po G
- GT-E with 1968 427 FE side oilier with aluminum heads, roller cam and heads completely blueprinted and balanced X code
- G 302 hi performance J code
- Ac, ps, pb, driving lights, G valance, am-fm stereo, vinyl top, leather interior, wood wheel, XR-7 G, tilt wheel, console, auto, and shoulder seat belts
- De Tomaso campagnolo wheels magnesium
- High performance suspension hd stabilizer bars f&r, hd aluminum radiator, special hd transmission, 9 in hd rear-end
- 1968 Cougar GT-E sold at Barrett-Jackson in 2011 (Lot-1247) for $181,500.00 (not an XR-7)
- The 1968 Cougar GT-E, XR-7 was Mercury's equivalent of the 1968 Shelby Mustang GT-500KR with more luxury and horsepower.
- The 1968 Cougar XR-7 J code was Mercury's equivalent of the 1968 Shelby Mustang GT-350 with more luxury and the same horsepower.